So, I've got a busy summer ahead...
- my eldest son turns 11 next Tuesday (wow - where did the time go?!)
- he & I leave for CentriKid camp less than a week after that
- my wife & I celebrate our 22nd wedding anniversary on June 16th
- the church I pastor will host our annual Vacation Bible School starting the day after Father's Day
- I reach the 48 year milestone at the end of June
- the boys have daily swim lessons in June & July
- my youngest son has a speech class for six weeks
- we've got a camping trip in the planning stages for late July/early August
- the boys have earned tickets to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom which we need to use before the summer is over
- our homeschool year starts in early/mid-August
- and NewLife's yearly Family Camp is Labor Day weekend
That doesn't count, of course, being a dad & a husband & a pastor & a regular host of a gaming group.
Or writing this blog... which is really where I was headed with this post. This summer, I'll be attempting to:
- finish Mark's Top 100 Games (I got to #50 just as I left for the Gathering of Friends)
- write up my Gathering of Friends experience
- do some serious ruminating about chronological snobbery, sex, and Pierce Pettis so aptly called "unoriginal sin"
- revisit some classic older posts that need updating - most importantly, Heroscape for Beginners
- add a couple of new posts to my series on paying attention to the man behind the curtain - in other words, your pastor
- writing some more game reviews - including Abaddon, Dragon Valley, The Rivals for Catan: Age of Darkness, and others
Here's hoping I get some of that done!