- 2014: 35th
- 2012: 26th
- 2010: 31st
- 2005: 6th
- appeared on all four lists
- rank: 615
- rating: 7.14
- in print
Why It's On The List
- A wonderful card-drafting game that whips along at a breakneck pace and offers a consistently enjoyable gaming experience as the players cast (and miscast) theater productions.
Tips & Tricks:
- You don't have to be a card counter to do well - but it is good to know what "9" cards are remaining in each show.
- You do not have enough money - so you're going to have to accept that one of your four shows is going to be, well, a flop.
- Use your flop show to borrow money - a common tactic is put on a flop, put it in the lowest point value city & then take the maximum amount of money out of the show.
- While I'm very glad there is a reprint available (pictured above), I do want to note that the two included variants are not necessary to enjoy the game.
- Thankfully, the inferior version of the game (Atlantic Star) is out of print.
- Showmanager scales really well for 3-6 players... I'm least fond of 4 but it still works well.
- Here's what I wrote about Showmanager for The One Hundred.