Fast Food Franchise
- 2014: 7th
- 2012: 6th
- 2010: 7th
- 2005: 9th
- appeared on all four lists
- rank: 3251
- rating: 6.4
- really out of print
Why It's On The List
- Imagine if the designer of Race for the Galaxy decided to take making a roll'n'move that both gamers & non-gamers could love... that combined some very Monopoly-ish elements with tactical board play. And then you can wake up & play it, because this is actually Tom Lehmann's first game design!
Tips & Tricks:
- Despite initial appearances, all of the companies are viable options for strategies to win Fast Food Franchise. (Some require you to open a second company - particularly those that grow quickly but don't generate cash from other players.)
- That said, you must watch your cash flow - relative both to your own building needs and the increasing costs of paying your competitors.
- Rookie mistake? Not advertising.
- There are two expansions that exist (note: I don't use the word "available"): 2 more companies (Tacos Today & Noodles to Go)... and a set of old skool fast food worker hats for each of the companies.
- Fast Food Franchise was one of the 138 Games to Play Before You Die over on the Opinionated Gamers website.
- Here's what I wrote about the game for The One Hundred.
- I talked with Tom a couple of years back about the chances of this getting reprinted... he is continuing to try to make that happen, which will make a number of my friends very happy.