- 2014: 47th
- 2012: did not appear
- 2010: 71st
- 2005: 53rd
- rank: 253
- rating: 7.12
- in print
Why It's On The List
- I've played this over & over and I'm still intrigued each time. How far can I push my luck? Should I play aggressively or defensively? For such a simple game, it continues to draw me in. (Probably doesn't hurt that the production of the game is gorgeous.) Now, it's not that I win all that much. My wife is a pro.
Tips & Tricks:
- I know some people don't like the big cards or the board... but I do.
- Good Lost Cities play is based not only on the cards you draw but also on the play of your opponent. It is a game about reading their plan as much as executing your own.
- Lost Cities spawned a whole series of games:
- Keltis & it's uglier cousin, Lost Cities: The Board Game (I enjoy them both)
- Keltis: Die Orakel (which I have not played)
- Keltis: Der Weg der Steine (which I like enough to put on my top 100 games list)
- Keltis: The Dice Game (so-so)
- Keltis: The Card Game (decent - but I like Lost Cities better)
- Here's a link to what I wrote about Lost Cities for The One Hundred...