The Magic Labyrinth
- 2014: 77th
- 2012: did not appear
- 2010: did not appear
- 2005: prior to publication
- rank: 592
- rating: 6.96
- in print... I think
Why It's On The List
- Second. Best. Memory. Game. Ever... but the over-the-top production means it gets requested more often - and therefore ended slightly higher on the list than Hallo Dachs!
Tips & Tricks:
- Do not mistake this for the unexplicably popular A-Mazing Labyrinth (or the spin-off games in that series). This is closer to an old favorite that it "fires" - Magical Maze.
- While the game works great with 2, 3 or 4 players, it is probably best with four players. By watching more players explore the (hidden) maze, it's easier to figure out a safe route to your destination.
- The expansion - only published in Germany as far as I know - is very, very good. It adds one-way walls as well as three special one-time abilities: a felt wizard's hat (cause another player to miss a turn), a wooden vial of potion (move until you reach your destination or hit a wall), and a wooden magic wand (get rid of your destination chit & draw a new one).
- I wrote a mini-review of The Magic Labyrinth expansion (along with three other games) a few years back.
- I didn't play the game in time for it to be included in my Ki.d Games 100 - though I was pretty sure it would have been