Thursday, June 16, 2005

Theological Worldview Quiz

Found this quiz posted on a couple of different blogs I follow. Interesting to think about my theological roots... but I really don't see myself as much of a Wesleyan. Interesting that the whole emergent thing popped up, though.

You scored as Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan. You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.

Emergent/Postmodern

64%

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

64%

Neo orthodox

50%

Reformed Evangelical

50%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

46%

Fundamentalist

39%

Classical Liberal

32%

Roman Catholic

14%

Modern Liberal

14%
What's your theological worldview? created with QuizFarm.com

4 comments:

Scott Rushing said...

Looks like I'm neo-orthodox...thanks for the link. I was very surprised to see how well done that survey was, compared to some of the shlock I've seen on the www.

Anonymous said...

I also came out Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan; overall, not that different from you, Mark, except that Charismatic scored lowest for me and Roman Catholic scored much higher (54%), which surprised me a bit.

Anonymous said...

I was pretty close to you as well.

-ZR

http://www.livejournal.com/users/zionred/

Anonymous said...

Fundamentalist 75%
Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 68%
Reformed Evangelical 64%
Neo orthodox 57%
Emergent/Postmodern 39%
Charismatic/Pentecostal 36%
Classical Liberal 29%
Roman Catholic 7%
Modern Liberal 4%

Hmmm, a very interesting quiz - I'm not sure I liked how all the questions were worded - but well done, I think.