- With Shari (my wife) and Kate (Steve's wife) both being gone this week, we've created a Fresno Gamers Mini-Con: five consecutive nights of gaming. To keep track of what we've played, you can check out the Mini-Con Geeklist.
- Ah, the wonders of Wikipedia... I discovered earlier today that the Muppet classic, "Mah Na Mah Na", debuted (sans Muppets) in a Swedish soft-porn film.
- Lots of bytes being used by homeschoolers concerned (and rightly so) about the ruling last week in Los Angeles. If you want to know more, here's a few links to check out: Christianity Today, HSLDA, and GetReligion.org. A couple of you have e-mailed me with concern for our personal situation - Shari & I have some unusual circumstances that will keep us from having much trouble - she's a credentialed K-12 teacher (in TN) and I have a masters degree in education (OK, religious education).
- I'm on Facebook. If that has meaning for you, come & be my friend. If not, run the other way! You don't want to be sucked in to this incredible time-waster! Fly, you fools!
- And finally, no day is complete without the Swedish Chef.
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Bits & Pieces
Things have been, well, hectic... we've had two major funerals at the church in the last 2 weeks, in addition to all of the "normal" insanity of church life. Shari left yesterday for Las Vegas to go hang out with her cousin for a few days, leaving the boys & I here to fend for ourselves. So, rather than a full-fledged blog post, here's some odds & ends from my travels through both the virtual & real worlds: