Thursday, July 17, 2008

Boy Week: Day One

Shari's out of town this week - meaning it's time for "Boy Week"... during which the Jackson men attempt to take care of themselves while ingesting massive amounts of sugar & other less-than-healthy foods.

The first event of Boy Week was watching Wipeout on the VCR. (Wipeout, btw, is a spectacularly odd piece of summer TV programming - it's like someone crossed the greatest youth retreat game ever with an episode of Talk Soup.)

Event #2 was Dad having to go to prayer gathering & a church council meeting while the boys played in the back room at the office - and used markers. Note that you need two pictures to find all of the purple marks on Collin.

When we got back home, we printed out a copy of the Jelly Belly flavor chart & took turns sampling Belly Flops (irregular Jelly Belly jelly beans you can buy by the metric ton at their outlet store in Gilroy.) Here's Braeden consulting the chart.

3 comments:

ironcates said...

We enjoyed wipeout too. It's an American version of a Japanese game show that is even funnier. The Spike network ran the show with English voiceovers that made me nearly pee my pants laughing. It was called something like "Extreme Elimination Challenge" There were way more contestants and a team element. I'm sure a youtube search or google will yield some laughs.

ironcates said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdPWfFsrgf4

nevermind I did it.

Dani In NC said...

Wipeout is popular in my house, too. My husband and eldest daughter were already fans of the Japanese shows like Unbeatable Banzuke and Ninja Warrior. I don't understand the attraction to all the slapstick humor, but I didn't like I Love Lucy as a kid, either :-).