Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Prayer Space

Link Prayer Space.JPG Originally uploaded by bhsher

I asked God for strength, that I might achieve;

I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey.

I asked for health, that I might do greater things;

I was given infirmity, that I might be happy.

I asked for riches, that I might be happy;

I was given poverty, that I might be wise.

I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men;

I was given weakness, that I might feel the need for God.

I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life;

I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing that I asked for;

But everything I had hoped for.

Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.

I am, among all men, most richly blessed.

(Author unknown - quoted by Neil T. Anderson in his book, Who I Am In Christ)

1 comment:

Roberta Taylor said...

Thank-you for sharing. Unexpected blessings are the nicest kind. These words caught me off guard, and so I heard them.