- in our personal lives, where we hang onto dating relationships that are clearly bad for us spiritually & emotionally rather than risk being alone
- in our business lives, where we follow a strategic plan that has been eclipsed by changes in the economy
- in our family lives, where we plod along on autopilot, doing marriage & parenting just like our parents did without heeding the consequences to ourselves or our kids
- in our church lives, where we're unwilling to try something different because "we've never done it that way before"
So the question I'm asking myself today is this: "What decision needs to be remade? What in my life smells dangerously of musty caverns?"
Because I know some of you will be interested, possible sources for some of the elements in my dream:
- cave tunnels - too much D&D as a teenager
- head lamp - Amazing Race + last week was "Black-Out Nite" at Awana and a bunch of the kids had head lamps
- hotel - looking forward to a vacation in a week or so
- Amazing Race - well, we watch it each week
- Albuquerque as tunnel exit - Bugs Bunny... "should have taken the left turn at Albuquerque"
- cave collapse - this last week's episode of Hawaii 5-0, which had kids being buried alive in a panel truck