- 2014: 26th
- 2012: prior to publication
- 2010: prior to publication
- 2005: prior to publication
- rank: 44
- rating: 7.75
- in print
Why It's On The List
- A city-building game that does three things really, really well: 1) it plays cleanly, 2) it uses the Age of Steam braking system in a way that doesn't make me want to throw myself out a window, and 3) every player ends up with a city/neighborhood with it's own personality.
Tips & Tricks:
- Do not forget the goals... they can often spell the difference between victory & defeat. You don't have to win them - you just can't let your opponent(s) get those points.
- Cash flow is key - you don't have to be rich (unless a goal specifies it), but you can't let yourself go under financially.
- In some ways, the 2 player game is more swing-y than the 3 or 4 player game... because of the number of tiles you don't see in the game. (I still really like as a 2 player game.)
- The Suburbia app for the iOS had a rocky launch but has turned out to be a lot of fun.
- The first expansion - Suburbia, Inc. - is an excellent addition to the game.
- The next expansion - Suburbia Five Star - will come out this fall (October 2015).