a) I'm a glutton for punishment.
b) I was curious.
c) I like a lot of games and wanted to make sure more of them got some recognition.
I'm using the same basic process I used to make my 2014 top 100 list.
- Since I rate pretty every game/expansion I play on BGG (here's a link to my collection), I chose to download all of those games I rated 7 or better. That gave me a list of over 1000 games & expansions.
- After removing all of the expansions, I was left with 665 games.
- I "shuffled" the games and began pitting one game against another...
- "Which of these games do I want to play more?"
- That created two piles:
- not as much
- I then shuffled the 'not as much' pile and pitted those games against each other, putting the positive response games into the 'like' pile and creating a new 'not so much' pile.
- When finished, I once again shuffled the 'not so much' pile and ran the process one final time.
- The games that ended up in the final 'not so much' are dropped from the system...
- And then it starts all over again...
Here are the parameters:
- Unlike previous top 100 lists, this DID include what I lovingly call "kid games". (If you're interested in kid games, my Kid Games 100 would be some great reading material.)
- The list was actually compiled in November of 2016 - when we get to the end, I'll do a post about the games I've played since then that I think would probably have made it on here.
- It's not the "best games ever made" - it's my list of the two hundred games I most enjoy playing right now.
- With that said, there's a lot of flex in the list. Don't invest too much in any individual ranking - if I'd sorted the list on a different day, many of them could be in a different order.
You are welcome - no, encouraged! - to comment, kibitz and/or vehemently disagree... that's part of the fun! The first set will show up very soon!