Friday, December 29, 2006

O, Lonely Peas

This Christmas, Shari & I got Collin the Rhinoceros Tap book & CD by Sandra Boynton... while all of the songs on the project are quite good (I especially like "Bad Babies"), the classic is "O, Lonely Peas". I reproduce the lyrics here for your New Year's enjoyment & to torment my sister, who this song was obviously written for. The picture here is from the early 70's - while Liz is not in timeout for not eating peas (at least THIS time), it does give you a pretty good idea of how effective timeout was with her.

Dinner is over.

I like what I ate.

Except for the peas,

which are still on my plate.

O, Lonely Peas,

so green, so round,

and so small.

O, Lonely Peas,

there's no one

who loves you at all.

There's no one

who loves you at all.

I can't leave my place

till the peas are all gone.

At the rate I am going,

I'll be ninety-one.

[chorus]

Perhaps by some magic,

they'll all disappear --

Abracadabra!

...The peas are still here.

[chorus]

I'm growing quite fond

of these peas of my own.

So how could I eat them?

I'd be all alone. OH!

[chorus]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. This helped me pick a pope for english

Anonymous said...

Thank you. This helped me pick a poem for english