Or, well, you're stuck with it.
- My gaming group here in Fresno (aptly named - wait for it - The Fresno Gamers) is growing again. After some attrition over the last year or so (due to real life interfering with gaming - sigh), we've added four new folks in two months. (Want to join us? Check out our group site.)
- With new folks added, that means - oddly enough - OLD games. We've been playing some of the "classics" lately, which is just fine with me. (Any night I get to play Big City & Fast Food Franchise is primo gaming time for me - and a Battlelore scenario was just a cherry on top of that.)
- Thanks to a sale at JC Penney ($9 for Pizza Box Football as they're remaindering out the extras for Christmas), it looks like we may form a mini-league here as well. Hopefully, my streak of bad luck (I'm 0-4 against Richard) will come to end in league play... but probably not.
- I have BIG questions about the new system for moderating posts & threads at the Geek... it's one of those "in a perfect world, this would be a great idea" kind of things. However, we don't live in a perfect world, and allowing the masses to vote "thumbs up or down" smacks a bit of the Roman gladiator arenas. (Look, I think Aldie & Derk are some of the coolest guys on the planet, and I'm a longtime supporter of BoardGameGeek- I just don't like what's going on with this particular element.)
- I did a Top Ten list for The Dice Tower podcast... but managed to have such immense uploading problems (e-mail crashed, FTP sites that wouldn't work, etc.) that I didn't get it in to Tom in time. However, once the deadline was past (of course!), FTP worked just fine. (Sigh.) So, listen for the "Top Ten Kid's Games You've Probably Never Played" coming soon!