Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Certified 100% Grade-A Fanboy

Here's the moment when I realized that I am possibly one of the dorkiest guys on the planet... Shari & I were watching the latest episode of Chuck last night (thank you, VCR) when this exchange occurred between two characters (recap courtesy of TWOP):
Morgan is convinced that Chuck is just a fragile little gelding unprepared for the world. Elie snorts and asks, "Do you know what a gelding is?" Morgan smirks, "Yeah, it's that weird creature from The Dark Crystal." Nice! It is so hard to find a good Dark Crystal reference these days!
Not only did I recognize the reference, I knew that the correct word is "gelfling."

Some of you are thinking: "It took
this for you to wake up & smell the coffee? You mean, the fact that you have an entire room dedicated to board games wasn't a big enough clue?!"

I see your point.

7 comments:

ironcates said...

Sweet! I didn't understand the reference. There's still hope for me (as I hide my cartoon superhero figures displayed in my entry hall).

Mark (aka pastor guy) said...

The best throwaway joke in the entire episode was when Casey threw the microwave at the bad guy... he fell over, there was a pause, and a subtle "ding!" as if the microwave had just finished cooking something.

I _love_ this show... and, btw, Pushing Daisies, which has the same whimsical take on life.

Patera Silk said...

And to make you (and me) even happier, there's a Dark Crystal sequel in the works.

Mark (aka pastor guy) said...

Firestone...

I actually knew that. (Cool, eh?) I have a friend who's been working on some of the SFX work.

Of course, as much as I like Dark Crystal, I'm an even bigger fan of Labyrinth ("gotta gotta go underground!").

Scott Rushing said...

I'm ashamed to say that I have not seen Dark Crystal or Labyrinth. And I call myself a geek...

ladypuppy said...

Did Morgan actually intend to compare Chuck to a castrated horse? Cause that's what happened.

Mark (aka pastor guy) said...

Ladypuppy,

No, I don't think so, but yes, that's exactly what he did.