Friday, November 16, 2007

T-Minus 23 Days & Counting...

Our expedition to "see the Mouse" is getter closer & closer... the kids are incredibly excited, but I don't think they get close to my personal level of euphoria. (I am a complete nut when it comes to Disneyland.)

After a lot of research & reading, we've decided on a 6 night stay at the Candy Cane Inn. We'll drive down (about a 4 hour trip for us) on Sunday afternoon then hit the parks first thing on Monday morning. We'll have five days to explore Disneyland & California Adventure - which means we can start early in the morning (the boys got up at 6:45 am this morning!) then come back to the hotel to rest in the afternoon. Of course, once rested we can return to the parks to see them lit up each evening!

We're really looking forward to riding the Finding Nemo Submarines... even Collin, who is convinced he's going to see a shark. (He's correct, of course.) Braeden has decided he's tough enough to ride all four Disney mountains (the Matterhorn, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain & Splash Mountain) - and I've promised him something special (probably a pin or a T-shirt) if he does it.

I can't say enough nice things about two guidebooks (Passporter & the Unofficial Guide) in helping us get ready for the trip. I also need to mention the wonderful folks on the Passporter discussion boards who have been incredibly helpful with all my questions & worries. There's lots of nifty "hidden" stuff involved in a Disney trip - and the above resources have helped us to ferret them out. (I'll let you know more when I write my trip report in late December.)

BTW, the beautiful picture of the castle all decked out for Christmas is from MousePlanet, another very cool site with Disney parks info.

No comments: