This is an edited repost... because I've had the opportunity to play a couple of new(er) games that MUST be included in the list! The new games are in bold... and their appearance will cause Mausen to drop to unlucky #13.
There are a number of well-known/well-liked kid games that didn't find their way onto my Kid Games 100. Over a series of posts, I'll try to explain the logic of why I didn't include them - or, in some cases, actively excluded them. This fifth & final post are the games that might well have made their way into the Kid Games 100... IF I'd played them before I made the list in May of 2008. MIA Games: "Recent But Really Good" Over the next few weeks, I'll be giving these the same kind & loving treatment I gave the Kid Games 100: individual blog posts & their very own Geeklist. I'll even rank them, because that's the kind of guy I am.
- Auf die Schätze, fertig, los! (Treasure, Ready, Go!) - #5
- Der schwarze Pirat: Das Duell (The Black Pirate: The Duel) - #12
- Die Kullerbande (The Rolling Gang) - #3
- Die Siedler von Catan Junior - #6
- Flotte Flosse (Fleet Fins)- #11
- Fluch der Mumie (Curse of the Mummy) - #4
- Geisterjager (Ghost Hunters) - #8
- Kaseklau (Cheese Snatching) - #1
- Kofferdetektive (The Suitcase Detectives) - #7
- Kubus Fidibus (Butterfingers Cube) - #9
- Mausen - #13
- Panda, Gorilla & Co.: Das Spiel - #10
- Zoff Im Huhnerhoff (Trouble in the Henhouse) - #2
So, I guess this really isn't "the fifth & final post" like I said above. Oh, well.