|Game||percentage gain from 2008|
|Roll Through the Ages||+23.34%|
|Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization||+6.28%|
|Chicago Express/Wabash Cannonball||+4.86%|
- They were reprinted and/or had another game/expansion added to their franchise this year (Dominion, Cosmic Encounter, Arkham Horror, Chicago Express, Memoir '44 & Space Hulk).
- They were "Essen"/end of the year games... they were released late in 2007 and were only played 5+ times by a couple of folks in 2007 (Roll Through the Ages, Battlestar Galactica & Le Havre). This particular list is surprisingly short this year.
As always, the interesting games here are the ones that can not be explained by these reasons:
- While Le Havre was an "Essen" game, it did garner impressive numbers (nearly 10%) in 2008, which makes appearing on this list all that more astounding. Cities & Ghost Stories have similar tales of their popularity.
- Finito! finally became recognized here in the U.S.
- Bananagrams has benefited from becoming widely known outside our little gamer world - and thus making it easier to find opponents.
- I guess Rattlesnake became easier to find? I dunno.
- As usual, there's one game I just don't understand why it's here - and that would be Coloretto.