Friday, August 19, 2005

The End of a Long Hard Search

I can't fire them. I hired these guys for three days a week and they just started showing up every day. That was four years ago.
High Fidelity

It's official - NewLife Community Church has just hired their first full-time non-senior pastor... Aaron Kellar is now our worship & youth pastor. (Or he will be in a few weeks, when he's able to move down here from Portland, Oregon.)

He's an odd but wonderful blend of GenX/Y dude (complete with subdued earrings, cross tattoo with Latin inscription, and semi-long hair), very cool family man (who's obviously in love with his wife & his two daughters), and serious follower of Christ.

What I like best is that I like hanging out with him. I don't feel like I'll be in competition to be cool... because, frankly, I will NEVER be as cool as he is. Ever. Even if I get that new pair of glasses Shari wants me to buy. :-)

Seriously, the way I've been describing Aaron is that he "seems comfortable in his own skin." And when you hang with people like that, people who are in love with God and can laugh at themselves and treat people around them with dignity, you end being more comfortable in your own skin as well - and people get to see a clearer picture of Jesus. And that's all good.

Big prayer request right now: finding Aaron & Margaret & Zoe & Eve a house here in Easton. Nah... what I really mean is that we need to find them a house that will be a home for them.

No comments: