- There's an actual game here... seriously. I sacrificed my paper & ink in order to give it a whirl - and was pleasantly surprised that the designer had managed to create a sneaky little area control game that reminded me a bit of Web of Power or Eight Minute Empire... just in a much smaller package. (You can also download the print-n-play file on BGG.)
- By waiting until the last minute, you've made sure that all of the stretch goals (cardboard coins, credit card map, 2 extra maps, stickers for actual currency, etc.) have been reached so you'll get 'em all.
- It's a "pay what you want/can" pledge system - so you can get in on this for as little as $3. I promise you, you've paid a lot more for a lot less game. (I'm looking at you, Schleck und Weg!!)
- It will not cause your significant other to complain about how much room your games are taking up.
- The guys at Tasty Minstrel are really good at this Kickstarter thing... they are not a fly-by-night operation. (And a good experience here might convince you to give their games a second look - especially one of my personal favorites, Eminent Domain. Which, by the way, is about to get an awesome looking expansion - Escalation.)
Thursday, December 19, 2013
5 Reasons You Should Back A Board Game With Only One Card
The game is Coin Age... and if you really want to know more about it, you can head over to the Kickstarter page. I'm just here to give you five reasons to jump on board before the pledge window closes.