- 2012: 7th
- 2010: 4th
- 2005: 23rd
- rank: 162
- rating: 7.4
- out of print... which is so very, very sad
Why It's On The List
- Heroscape is the ultimate blending of board game & miniatures game... and, in a slick move that allows them to make lots of cool figures, a great blending of genres, as all the characters are warriors sucked through time & space into the world of Heroscape. So, you've got Matrix guys & Braveheart & dragons & robots & kung fu monks & gorillas with guns... yep, it's the ultimate boy game. (And while kids can start with this one at 7-8 years old, there's enough going on that you keep playing it well into your adult years - in my case, age 49 & counting!
Tips & Tricks:
- While I have a complete set of figures (including many double & triple sets of squads) as well as two of each terrain expansion, I'm a relative lightweight in the realm of serious Heroscape players.
- A tough side effect of our huge life change this year (three states/two moves/most of our stuff still in storage) has been the boxing away of the Heroscape armies.
- If you get a chance, find someone and play this. (Alternately, watch garage sales & the BGG Marketplace and start your own collection!)
- I've written a BUNCH about Heroscape over the years... probably the best post to start with is Heroscape for Beginners (and Robo).
- I've chronicled a number of our massive battles - complete with pictures!
- Swarm of the Marro - September 2007
- Defeating the Marro Invaders + Heroscape Update - October 2007
- Battle Royale + Battle Royale: National Heroscape Day + The Battle is Over - October 2008
- Marvel vs. the Citizens of Valhalla - April 2009
- Paddling Down the River of Blood - August 2010
- Arena of Doom - December 2010
- In 2010, I wrote a goodbye letter to Heroscape when Hasbro ended the line... of course, a much deeper remembrance was posted by Colby Dauch on the Heroscapers.com website.
If you feel a need to catch up on my admittedly-aging Top 100 as of February 2012 list, you can check out: