Is Norderwind just a redesign/retheme of Starship Catan?
But, hey, this is the Internet - I had to be both more pithy and more mysterious to attract your eyeballs here to the blog.
Note: what I know about Norderwind comes from watching a German TV news story about the designer, Klaus Teuber (in German - and, no, I didn't understand all of it) as well as the preview video from W. Eric Martin and the good folks at BGN.
That said, it looks to me like Norderwind is a parakeet-friendly multi-player take on the Starship Catan engine.
- multiple separate exploration decks that are reshuffled after each player turn
- purchase and sale of commodities
- each player has a "ship" that is upgraded
- the memory element in exploration
- change in theme
- didn't look like the decks "changed" over time (a nice trick that Starship Catan uses)