Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Your Love for Seinfeld Confuses Me

I've always thought Linda Holmes was a wonderful blogger, a tremendous recapper (back in the day) of Survivor & The Amazing Race, and a wise, funny person who "got" pop culture.

But she exceeded my already lofty expectations with this post. She is so very, very right.
I don't like Seinfeld, I don't miss it, and every time I'm asked to participate in some sort of acknowledgment of its greatness, or its place in the pantheon, I feel myself cringe and lie and say I understand, but I am here to tell you, and then never to be so cowardly again: I don't understand.


You should, of course, read the whole thing.

2 comments:

Gameguythinks said...

Same here..It's especially bad when people talk about something that happened in an episode like it is part of our national culture and I pretend to know what they're talking about.

Mark (aka pastor guy) said...

I _knew_ you were a man of refined & cultured tastes. :-)