- 2014: 11th
- 2012: did not appear
- 2010: prior to publication
- 2005: prior to publication
- rank: 457
- rating: 6.89
- in print
Why It's On The List
- Andrew Parks created a space empire-building deck-builder - and combined it with a tableau system for deploying units that makes this game both deeply strategic and a challenging puzzle. And then he created two incredible expansions that make the game even better!
Tips & Tricks:
- I think the original Core Worlds game is a solid 7 - but when you add the first expansion (Galactic Orders), it's jumps to an 8 (or maybe even a 9). And the second expansion (Revolution) just locks that high rating into place!
- The game has enough components for 5 players... but I prefer it with 2-3, as the pace of the game is quicker.
- Building combos is important - as is managing expectations. You will not be able to do everything you want, so you will need to prioritize your energy and actions near the end of the game to bring in victory points.
- I wrote a big review of the two expansions for the Opinionated Gamers website.