- 2014: 19th
- 2012: did not appear
- 2010: 36th
- 2005: prior to publication
- rank: 125
- rating: 7.49
- in print
Why It's On The List
- Flip your standard adventurers v. monsters around and put players in the role of harried dungeon masters trying to fend off sticky-fingered heroes. Add loads of RPG and WoW-related humor... and tie it together with an almost perfect melding of mechanic and theme.
Tips & Tricks:
- My original impression of Dungeon Lords is that it only worked with a full complement of four players. I'm happy to say that I was wrong. My oldest son and I really enjoy playing two player - there are some interesting decisions in choosing actions for the non-player dungeon lords.
- The Festival Season expansion makes the game a little longer & adds some more wrinkles... but they're really good wrinkles and worth the time if you like the game system.
- You MUST pay attention to what other players can and cannot choose as actions to avoid losing an action.
- CGE published a blinged-out version of the game (Happy Anniversary) - I spent too much money getting the pieces to upgrade my set, but it's just so darn cool.
- Final warning: a 4 player game with the expansion fills up a dining room table - but it looks good doing it.
- I'm really proud of my review of the Festival Season expansion... I think I managed to capture the humorous tone that adds so much to this game system.