Friday, February 02, 2007

Too Early For Flapjacks?

This is one time where television really fails to capture the true excitement of a large squirrel predicting the weather.

This is pitiful. A thousand people freezing their butts off waiting to worship a rat. What a hype. Well, it used to mean something in this town. They used to pull the hog out, and they used to *eat* it. You're hypocrites, all of you! You have a problem with what I'm saying, Larry? Untie your tongue, and you come out here and talk, huh? Am I upsetting you, Princess?

When Chekhov saw the long winter, he saw a winter bleak and dark and bereft of hope. Yet we know that winter is just another step in the cycle of life. But standing here among the people of Punxsutawney and basking in the warmth of their hearths and hearts, I couldn't imagine a better fate than a long and lustrous winter.

Of course, Punxsutawney Phil didn't see his shadow this morning, so no long & lustrous winter for us, eh? This will make my sister very happy - she lives in Denver.

2 comments:

huzonfirst said...

Man. First The Princess Bride and now Groundhog Day. You're hitting all my faves, homey. I don't suppose you harbor any secret love for Sleepless in Seattle or L.A. Story, do you?

Mark (aka pastor guy) said...

Sleepless in Seattle is pretty good - but if I'm going to watch an Ephron movie, I'd rather go with When Harry Met Sally.

As for L.A. Story... eh. There's some funny bits, but Steve Martin is in true genius mode in All of Me.