Wednesday, January 30, 2008

7 Random Things

I wasn't very good at Tag in elementary school - too slow & Brookhaven Elementary didn't have many good hiding places.

But this is the Information Age, so Tag has gone digital & I've been hit by
nashbabe...
Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you. Post the rules on your blog. Post 7 random or weird facts about yourself on your blog. Tag 7 people and link to them. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.
And, away we go:
  1. I played keyboards in a rock-n-roll band. (Not well, mind you, but we had gigs. OK, 3 gigs.)
  2. I bought my wife's engagement ring by selling off part of my comic book collection.
  3. When I went to Baylor University, I thought that the western shirts (complete with pearl-covered snaps on the pockets) that I wore in L.A. would finally be cool. (Yes, I went to the Land of Prep with western shirts... sigh.)
  4. I actually considered converting to Catholicism at one point in my life. (Yes, there was a girl involved. No, I never really seriously pursued it.)
  5. You meet the most interesting people in boardgaming: I know the president of a major airline, a weatherman from The Weather Channel, a Disney Imagineer, and the guy who wrote the script for "The Last Action Hero."
  6. Still more interesting boardgamers: a direct descendant of the Nauvoo, IL, part of the LDS church, a state insurance commissioner, a ballroom dance instructor who used to ice-dance at the national level, and a guy who won big bucks on Who Wants To Be a Millionaire?
  7. I've actually designed one boardgame: Ted Goes To Gulf Games. My friend, Ted Cheatham, owns the only printed copy.

OK, I'll tag ZionRed... and... well... that pretty much does it. (Yep, I stink at chain letters - which I consider a good thing.) I will say that Paul's answers to this ought to be really interesting, though.

4 comments:

nashbabe said...

So you play board games with a big wig in the magic underwear society? Hmmm...

Mark (aka pastor guy) said...

Not a big wig - historically related. (It's a long and interesting story, but it's not MY story, so that'll be enough for now.)

nashbabe made a crack about "magic underwear" - which, frankly, is one of less important issues I have with the LDS church. For a really good summation of the basic issues, check out this link:

http://www.reclaimingthemind.org/blog/2007/12/18/straight-answers-to-foxs-21-questions-about-the-mormon-church/

Anonymous said...

You picked the wrong school in Texas! Add a pair of Ropers to go with those shirts and you would have been quite in fashion at A&M. The fact that you're from a fruity place like California would have gone against you though......
;-)

-SusanRoz

Anonymous said...

I;m not ignoring this, I just haven't thought of anything to post yet.