- Chris Farrell's teaching tips
- a good basic discussion of strategy
- another good strategy discussion for beginners
If you roll that number or higher then you remove the other person's piece, giving it back to them, and then you place the Mordred man in the space and gloat.Pirates on the High Seas Braeden & I made up a new version of the basic game - you have to get 6 different chips (there are 7 possible in the basic game) and return to your port. It makes the game a bit longer, which isn't a bad thing if you enjoy shooting stuff. Here's a picture, btw, from BGG (nice shot, metamorpha)... Days of Wonder Dear Eric & Mark (the guys who own/run the game company, Days of Wonder): I promise I won't steal stuff if you let me come visit the offices. But I may be sorely tempted... Sincerely, mark jackson (aka fluff daddy) Five & Dime Lists I was NOT taking over the show... OK, maybe for a minute. Surprisingly, I got Steve's name right: Steve Zanini. The results are really interesting this year - and you still have time to get your entry in - the deadline is January 20th, 2008. You can find more information about it here... or here. Command & Colors System
- BEST: Memoir '44... the perfect balance between bit-o-licious-ness & playability coupled with wonderful support
- AWFULLY GOOD: Battlelore... the gorgeous bits get in the way of making the game easy to set up, but it's still very, very good.
- WELL DONE: Command & Colors:Ancients... the rules & scenarios are great, but I still like minis better than blocks.
- FIRST GIRLFRIEND STATUS: Battle Cry... it's probably the weakest of the games - the least official support, the odd holes in the rules, the lack of expansions... but it's like your first girlfriend. You may not be dating her anymore, but you remember her fondly.