Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Color Me Curious

First, a big "howdy-hi" to Rebecca Barrett, who used this blog post to track down her ex-boyfriend. (This was, thankfully, a good thing.) Here's another picture of him (and me!) circa 1985. Man, we were... well...

Second, I performed a wedding ceremony (congrats on 1 year, Pete & Kelly!) for a graduate of Esperanza High - who not only knew where Top of the World was (for those of you not from north Orange County, think "Lovers Lane" or "Inspiration Point") but also had family connections to my high school choir director.

Which brings up another question: how many of you reading this thing are from my DISTANT past (in other words, pre-marriage)? If you knew me prior to 1990, leave some kind of pithy message in the comments section.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

um...wow

Mark (aka pastor guy) said...

Is that a good "um... wow"? I mean, is that "I didn't realize my former pastor & friend was so stunningly handsome when he was 21 years old"?

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark -- I came across your post from April '05 today and thought I'd check in under this post. Send me an email and we can catch up!

Chris Newcomb
(Steve Stigler's friend)
cnewcomb@cfl.rr.com
or
newcombc@cookman.edu

Mark (aka pastor guy) said...

Chris & I are reconnecting privately via e-mail - but talk about your "blast from the past." I _think_ the last time I saw Chris was in 1985, which would be 27 years ago.