- designer: Heinz Meister
- publisher: Haba/Gamewright
- date: 2005
- BoardGameGeek rank/rating: 1386/6.60
- age: 5+
- # of players: 2-4
- print status: in print as Hula Hippos
- cost: $8.50 (Time Well Spent)
- it's pretty random where the ring hits, so kids don't get frustrated when they miss
- there's lots of suspense as the ring falls - and then the requisite celebrating and/or "whining" depending on the results... it's a game that produces a lot of emotion but none of it lasts because you've got another chance 30 seconds later
- each mouse is only flicked on time, so there's no "positioning" involved
It also works well with adults... it's a great filler while you're waiting for someone else to join in a game or to bring out with non-gaming adults at a party.
My three year old is able to play (not well) but he can participate. I'd say that "age 5+ recommendation is about right for decent play. The game does scale well - it works with 2-4 players, though is best with a full complement at the table.