Yet another meme... but I kinda liked this one. Thanks to Jenny Nichols for posting it to Facebook (or at least posting it where I could see it.)
- What is your salad dressing of choice? 1000 Island...
- What is your favorite sit-down restaurant? Max's Bistro (mmm... sweet potato fries!)
- What food could you eat for 2 weeks straight and not get sick of it? pizza
- What are your pizza toppings of choice? Canadian bacon & pineapple OR pepperoni
- What do you like to put on your toast? what toast?... ok, if I'm going to eat toast, I want butter
- How many television sets are in your house? one
- What color of cell phone do you have? silver (the cheapie Samsung that T-Mobile gives you for free when you get a contract with them)
- Are you right-handed or left-handed? Right
- Have you ever had anything removed from your body? my gall bladder
- What is the last heavy item you lifted? boxes full of food from our fridge when it went out last Friday night & we had to move it all over to the church so we didn't lose any of it
- Have you ever been knocked unconscious? no... but I did have a fellow actor knock me on my rear end on stage with a roundhouse punch to my jaw because he thought that the stage punch didn't "look real enough"
- If it were possible, would you want to know the day you're gonna die? No... though a general hint might be nice
- If you could change your name, what would you change it to? I don't think so...
- Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000? A thousand bucks is a lot of board games - I'd pull a Chad Carter & give it a go. (Extra points for those who can name what city Chad drank hot sauce in... and remember (ewww) what happened about 2 hours later.)
- Favorite holiday? Christmas
- Favorite day of the week? Friday (the first day of my "weekend"
- Favorite month? June is good (my birthday, Braeden's birthday, our wedding anniversary) but April is also good (Collin's birthday, the Gathering of Friends)
- Missing someone? the Gulf Games crew
- Mood? I'm cheerful with a side of nervous (about getting everything done today)
- What are you listening to? Steve Taylor's "On the Fritz" album - yep, I got this album back in the summer of 1985 - it still rocks
- Watching? I watched part of the 1st season of "Bones" on DVD last night - does that count?
- Worrying about? accomplishing my goals for the day
- First place you went this morning? In the house - computer; out of the house- church office
- What's the last movie you saw? in the theater - Confessions of a Shopaholic; on DVD - Hellboy 2
- Do you smile often? yes - I'm married to Shari & have two wonderful boys... Collin told me a couple of days ago that he wants to grow up and be just like me - "A Chinese noodle." How can I not smile?!
- Do you always answer your phone? Not always, but I feel badly about it
- It's four in the morning and you get a text message, who is it? Someone with a wrong number
- If you could change your eye color what would it be? Unnecessary - I like my eye color (green/brown)
- What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? cherry
- Do you own a digital camera? Yes
- Have you ever had a pet fish? Braeden had one for a month or so... it committed suicide - really.
- Favorite Holiday song? Behold the Lamb of God (Andrew Peterson)
- What's on your wish list for your birthday? more board games!
- Can you do push ups? yes, but not without an undue amount of strain & sweat. Remember Bill Murray at the start of "Stripes"... that's me.
- Can you do a pull up? One pull-up, sure. Don't look for more... and stop asking about my physical fitness - it's making me feel all 90 lb weakling. I'm just waiting for someone to come along and kick sand in my face and steal my girl.
- Does the future make you more nervous or excited? Excited... I love watching my boys grow up and mature, I pastor an amazing church and I'm more in love with Shari today than ever before. The future won't be perfect - but God will walk through it with me.
- Do you have any saved texts? Yes
- Ever been in a car wreck? Yes... all fender-benders.
- Do you have an accent? Depends on who I'm with... it's really easy for me to pick up inflections & accents, sometimes unconsciously.
- What is the last song to make you cry? "You Can Always Come Home To Me" (Andrew Peterson)
- Plans tonight? Oh, yeah - big plans. I'm going to watch Survivor and attempt to keep inside my Weight Watcher points.
- Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom? Having to close the church @ hickory hollow was pretty close...
- Name 3 things you bought in the last week. Lunch @ Yen Ching (good Chinese buffet, btw), a crossover cable for the office that didn't do what it needed to do & a package of Tanga Trash
- Have you ever been given roses? Nope... but I've definitely given roses.
- Current worry? Getting our family financially solid.
- Current hate right now? Pin the tail on the opposition politics - it took both political parties, an avalanche of greed & a national obsession with immediate gratification to get us to this point economically.
- Met someone who changed your life? Obvious answers: Jesus, Shari Jo & Braeden & Collin; Less obvious: Keith Monaghan, Connie Grosse, Tim Formby, Fred Raney, David Nunn, Chris Herndon, Jim & Sheridyn Williamson, David Foster... note: I don't mention anyone from the last five years 'cuz the whole "changed my life" thing needs time to figure out who really made an impact
- How did you bring in the New Year? staying up with Braeden to play board games... then waking up Collin to watch the ball drop on TV
- What song represents you? I pick three: "The Finish Line" (Steve Taylor), "Little Boy Heart Alive" (Andrew Peterson), "Hang My Head & Cry" (David Mullen)
- Name three people who might complete this? The usual suspects: Paul & Lorell... and someone else
- What were you doing at 12 AM last night? reading Kurt Busiek's "Astro City: The Dark Age, Vol. 1" - excellent graphic novel, btw
- What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? if I punch the snooze button, I get to lay here for an extra 7 minutes...