- 2012: 25th
- 2010: 27th
- 2005:prior to publication
- rank: 46
- rating: 7.61
- in print
Why It's On The List
- A brilliantly constructed cooperative game with nail-biting tension - are we going to be able to save the world from the viruses or not?
Tips & Tricks:
- You must watch ALL of the timers - the one you're most likely to forget is the draw deck.
- When you're teaching Pandemic, work extra hard not to "run" the game - let players make mistakes, learn, and enjoy this great game experience. If you really want to play the game with extra control, play it solitaire.
- Do go out & purchase the On the Brink expansion - not only does it offer some fun new ways to play (Mutant Strain, Virulent Outbreak, new roles & new special help cards), but it also has the very cool petri dish holders for the pieces.
- I'm not a big fan of the Bio-Terrorist variant in the expansion in which one player is working against everyone else.
- While I can't share details, I have played a prototype of a second expansion set.
- There's also a LARP game that's been run at a few gaming conventions - again, I haven't got to play it myself but I love the idea!
- Pandemic has a more "family with kids" friendly cousin, Forbidden Island... here's the review I wrote of it for my blog.