- 2012: 28th
- 2010: 40th
- 2005: 41st
- appeared on all three lists
- rank: 2157
- rating: 5.99
- out of print
Why It's On The List
- A great Knizia exploration game that was sadly under-rated when it first appeared in 2002 because it wasn't the next Euphrat & Tigris.
Tips & Tricks:
- As much as possible, don't waste moves. You can work to set up plays so that you can make sure that each turn has two productive activities.
- Use the "skip a turn, move anywhere" power sparingly.
- Relocating nomads can be very lucrative point-wise, especially if you plan for it.
- Africa packs a lot of game into 30 minutes... it's worth tracking down a copy.
- Here's what I wrote about Africa for The One Hundred