- 2012: 27th
- 2010: 17th
- 2005: 78th
- appeared on all three lists
- rank: 1283
- rating: 6.58
- way out of print
Why It's On The List
- Despite an off-putting box cover, this is a tremendous two-player game of building gardens that can be played "friendly" or "cutthroat"... and enjoyed both ways.
Tips & Tricks:
- You must use the "community garden" area wisely - ignoring it will simply allow your opponent more space to plant with.
- Wait to use your "weeds" (you only have three of them) until your opponent has filled up enough of his side of the board to make them painful.
- Pay attention to how much space you'll need to get a flower bed to the next point level - there's no use making a bed of five flowers when they're worth the same as a bed of three flowers.
- This is a game that begs for a reprint.
- Here's what I wrote about Flowerpower for Game Central Station (my old website)