- 2014: 56th
- 2012: 51st
- 2010: 47th
- 2005: 35th
- appeared on all four lists
- rank: 869
- rating: 6.78
Why It's On The List
- Though overshadowed by the appearance of the 900 lb gorilla of Euro gaming (Puerto Rico), Industrial Waste was and is a very good game of trading off speed & income generation for knocking the rough edges off your production system - particularly in how you deal with (wait for it) industrial waste.
Tips & Tricks:
- Don't forget that it takes an advisor (2x) card to pay off a loan.
- Loans are not bad - and if you're going to take one, don't wait until you are circling the drain to do so... it will just speed up your demise.
- There are multiple paths to victory - but all them require that you deal with the creation of waste at some level.
- While some folks have come up with 2 player variants, I wouldn't recommend them - this is much better with 3 or 4 players.
- Industrial Waste is living evidence of great game development - because (by contract), Hans im Gluck was required to publish the "designer's variant" rules (actually the original rules to the game). Note: not a good game with those rules.
- Here's what I wrote about Industrial Waste for The One Hundred.