- 2014: 59th
- 2012: did not appear
- 2010: prior to publication
- 2005: prior to publication
- rank: 365
- rating: 6.93
- in print
Why It's On The List
- A beautiful and incredibly inexpensive cooperative game by Matt Leacock (designer of Pandemic) that offers a nail-biting play experience every time.
Tips & Tricks:
- Stranding players is an ongoing problem - and you don't have enough helicopters to keep rescuing people.
- Use your helicopters and sandbags before reshuffling the deck... that way, you'll have an opportunity to see them again (and slow down the oncoming flood/tide).
- The reason this didn't appear on my 2012 list is that I counted it as a "kids game." That's not fair to this very enjoyable design - about half of my plays have been solely with gamers.
- The American edition of the game did not come with alternate board layouts - but you can find a jpeg of the official variant layouts on BGG.
- Here's my extensive review of Forbidden Island from 2010.