- 2014: 62nd
- 2012: did not appear
- 2010: did not appear
- 2005: did not appear
- rank: 525
- rating: 6.86
- out of print
Why It's On The List
- The love child of The Starfarers of Catan and the Settlers of Catan Card Game... it may well be stronger than either of the games that birthed it.
Tips & Tricks:
- This is an economic game - if you mess up your cash flow, you will not be able to win.
- This is also a memory game - you cannot play well if you don't work at remembering where various planets are in the four space sector dates.
- Finally, this is a two player game... though I think (from a bit of reading & researching) that Klaus Teuber's newest game, Norderwind, is a multi-player implementation of this system.
- There are three print-and-play expansions for Starship Catan: The Space Amoeba, The Asteroid & The Diplomatic Station. I have very nice versions of the first two (thanks, Clint!) and enjoy them both. (I haven't played the third one yet.)
- I have actually have a signed copy of the German version of this game from the first print run that I won - a prize possession that I can't actually play.