- 2014: 60th
- 2012: 40th
- 2010: 21st
- 2005: 39th
- appeared on all four lists
- rank: 2271
- rating: 6.94
- very OOP
Why It's On The List
- This redesign takes the card-based movement system from Ave Caesar (and Q-Jet) and injects some interesting decisions into the mix - you can tune your deck (fast, average or slow) as well as use your four 'gear' piles to give you more control - and there are 8 tracks included in the box.
Tips & Tricks:
- You MUST pay attention - particularly on the longer tracks, you have little or no leeway to get forced to the outside.
- Don't play this game if you have trouble with people blocking your way... well, let me rephrase that - "gleefully blocking your way."
- The game is better with more players (4-5 is good but 6 is best) and when you play three races and accumulate racing points based on your finishing position.
- The picture above is from my copy, where I've replaced the not-very-attractive cardboard standee race cars with Micro Machines.
- Here's what I wrote about Ausgebremst for The One Hundred.