Clash of Cultures
- 2014: 4th
- 2012: new
- 2010: prior to publication
- 2005: prior to publication
- rank: 146
- rating: 7.7
- in print... I think (it's still reasonable on Amazon)
Why It's On The List
- My favorite civilization-building game... the free-wheeling tech-tree and relatively simple mechanics make for an excellent play experience with 2, 3 or 4 players.
Tips & Tricks:
- I've been involved in an online game of the Tresham version of Civilization... and it makes me like Clash of Cultures even more. The tech tree decisions are more interesting, the random events aren't earth-shattering, and the gameplay has more variety. I'm pretty much done with classic Civ.
- There are multiple ways to win Clash of Cultures - we've had games that focused on military build-up and games where trade was king. The direction of the game is often affected by the layout of the board.
- The expansion is highly recommended - it not only adds cavalry & elephants & extra buildings, it adds historically based civilizations to the game.
- I have not written a lot about Clash of Cultures... I need to fix that!