- 2014: 3rd
- 2012: 21st
- 2010: prior to publication
- 2005: prior to publication
- rank: 28
- rating: 7.8
- in print
Why It's On The List
- Card drafting meets civilization building... and it's playable with 3-7 players in a pretty consistent 45 minutes. No "wonder" it got all those awards...
Tips & Tricks:
- I'm a big enough fan to picked up all of the available expansions - Leaders, Cities, Wonder Pack & Babel. And with experienced players, I like playing with all of them, though it is a bit overwhelming.
- Cities is the easiest expansion to add to the game - and it contains the rules for team play, which is actually pretty cool.
- The laws portion of Babel and Leaders are the two most difficult expansions to add - they have lots of new symbols that can confuse players.
- You don't have to jump on the science train to score big points - but you do need to burn up science cards for cash or wonder building to prevent others from doing it.
- Military still doesn't make sense to me - the worst point loss you can take is -6... and it can be less than that if you can talk your neighbor(s) into a truce.
- 7 Wonders: Duel is a fantastic game (a two player civ builder) and I can't wait to try Pantheon (the expansion).
- Here's my first look at the Cities expansion after I played the prototype.
- I wrote a preview of the Babel expansion back in 2014 as well.