Tuesday, January 06, 2015

#53: Prophecy (Mark's 100 - 2014)



Prophecy

Mark's Ranking
  • 2014: 53rd
  • 2012: did not appear
  • 2010: did not appear
  • 2005: did not appear
  • rank: 923
  • rating: 6.73
Print Status
  • in print
Why It's On The List
  • Once upon a time, I loved Talisman. This is Talisman with actual meaningful decisions.
Tips & Tricks:
  • While there are tactical decisions to make, this is still an experience game. You have been warned.
  • We play with no more than 3 players (it's just too slow with 4+) and usually play "first to 3 relics"... though we do the "whole shebang" every once in a while.
  • I really like the Dragon Realm expansion - if only for the Races and the extra cards in the main deck. (I have not played the Water Realm expansion - which only came out in English last year.)
Extras
  • Most inflammatory comment I've ever made about these type of games: "Between this game & Return of the Heroes, no one in their right mind should be playing Talisman or Runebound."
  • Here's what I wrote about Prophecy for my 10 Games I Want to Play More post.

No comments: