Monday, January 04, 2021

Bible Thoughts on... well, The Bible

All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching the faith and correcting error, for re-setting the direction of a man’s life and training him in good living. The scriptures are the comprehensive equipment of the man of God and fit him fully for all branches of his work.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 PHILLIPS

God means what he says. What he says goes. His powerful Word is sharp as a surgeon’s scalpel, cutting through everything, whether doubt or defense, laying us open to listen and obey. Nothing and no one is impervious to God’s Word. We can’t get away from it—no matter what.
Hebrews 4:12-13 MSG

Does not My word burn like fire? Does it not shatter rock like a strong hammer?
Jeremiah 23:29 VOICE

That is why we must hold on all the more firmly to the truths we have heard, so that we will not be carried away.
Hebrews 2:1 GNT

I’ve banked your promises in the vault of my heart so I won’t sin myself bankrupt.
Psalm 119:11 MSG


Thank you to the folks at Restoration Church who faithfully remind us - and me in particular - that I am shaped by Scripture. In particular, yesterday's commentary on Romans 12:1 that "being a living sacrifice means... living." (Well said, Steve C.)

No comments: