- 2014: 38th
- 2012: did not appear
- 2010: did not appear
- 2005: prior to publication
- rank: 78
- rating: 7.52
- in print
Why It's On The List
- Another Vlaada design, ripe with humor and clever game play. A real-time scramble/spatial puzzle (building your starship) is followed by Dungeonquest-like run-in with the game system, which is conspiring to keep anything good from happening to you.
Tips & Tricks:
- Clean starships don't only win you points, they save lives. And starships. And cargo.
- The rulebook is a work of comic genius. (This is not unusual for CGE games - which is probably one of the reasons I tend to love them.)
- It is tempting to teach players this game with all of the expansions (there are TWO big boxes plus an extra set of starship boards)... this is bad. The game has enough going on that newbies should learn on the base game.
- I wrote a mini-review of the The Latest Models for the Opinionated Gamers website.
- The iOS app is fantastic - especially the campaign mode.