- What has been the most imaginative thing that the church has done in the past year?
- Are there any topics, issues, situations that have been treated, intentionally or unintentionally, as “off-limits” and if so, what are they and why do you think they have been avoided?
- What have been the congregation’s behavior patterns when dealing with conflict?
- Where in the church do you see the most life and energy and where has the church become a little stuck or calcified?
- If the church closed its doors tomorrow, would the community miss its presence and if so, how?
- Over the past 10 years how have most people found this church and if they have visited, why have they chosen to stay or not?
- How does the congregation approach the use of technology and social media in the life of the church: communication, pastoral care, evangelism, administration and/or worship?
- What are your expectations, spoken and unspoken, about how your next pastor will balance church and family time and energy?
- With what church tasks and activities is there is agreement that the pastor should NOT be involved?
- What about my gifts, experience and perspectives have lead you to think that there may be a call between you and I?
“The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet.”
article found courtesy of churchjobs.tv