Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hobby Games: The Best 100

Thanks to Shannon Applecline, the table of contents for the new book, Hobby Games: The Best 100, are now online - and the meme has begun!

I own this game:
  • Acquire
  • Battle Cry
  • Bohnanza
  • Carcassonne
  • Citadels
  • Cosmic Wimpout
  • Diplomacy
  • El Grande
  • Fluxx
  • Formula Dé
  • The Fury of Dracula
  • Lord of the Rings
  • Puerto Rico
  • The Settlers of Catan
  • Ticket to Ride
  • The Warlock of Firetop Mountain
  • Wiz-War

I've played this game (but don't own it):

  • Amun-Re
  • Axis & Allies
  • Blood Bowl
  • Button Men
  • Cosmic Encounter
  • Descent
  • Dynasty League Baseball
  • The Extraordinary Adventures of Baron Munchausen
  • A Game of Thrones
  • Gettysburg
  • A House Divided
  • Magic: The Gathering
  • Ogre
  • Once Upon a Time
  • PanzerBlitz
  • Paranoia
  • Pirate's Cove
  • Plague!
  • Power Grid
  • Shadows over Camelot
  • Terrible Swift Sword
  • Thurn and Taxis
  • Tigris & Euphrates
  • Tikal
  • Vinci
I used to own this game:
  • Car Wars
  • Circus Maximus
  • Civilization
  • Dungeons & Dragons
  • Illuminati
  • Junta
  • Kingmaker
  • RoboRally
  • Space Hulk (probably the only one in this category I wish I still owned)
  • Squad Leader
  • Talisman
  • Traveller
I've never played this game (but I want to!):
  • Britannia (but I do have Jimbo's copy sitting in my game room)
  • The Great Khan Game
  • Tales of the Arabian Nights
  • Twilight Struggle
I've never played this game (and don't care if I ever do):
  • Amber Diceless
  • Ars Magica
  • BattleTech
  • Call of Cthulhu
  • Champions
  • Dawn Patrol
  • Empires in Arms
  • Empires of the Middle Ages
  • Fire and Fury
  • Flames of War
  • Ghostbusters
  • Hammer of the Scots
  • Here I Stand
  • Johnny Reb
  • Kremlin
  • Legend of the Five Rings CCG
  • Lensman
  • London's Burning
  • Machiavelli
  • Marvel Super Heroes (Jeff Grubb version)
  • Metamorphosis Alpha
  • My Life with Master
  • Mythos
  • Napoleon's Last Battles
  • Naval War
  • Pendragon
  • Renaissance of Infantry
  • RuneQuest
  • Shadowfist
  • Shadowrun
  • Silent Death: The Next Millennium
  • Stalingrad
  • Star Fleet Battles
  • The Sword and the Flame
  • Toon
  • Unknown Armies
  • Up Front
  • Vampire: The Eternal Struggle
  • Vampire: The Masquerade
  • War and Peace
  • Warhammer 40,000
  • The Warlord
That's 17 owned, plus a very high 12 that I'd owned and got rid of, and 25 I've played... lots of these are rules for miniatures combat, role-playing rules, and wargames that were released after I got out of wargaming.

3 comments:

Dani In NC said...

There's no use in me participating in this meme. I am so new to hobby games that I only own one game on that list!

Mark (aka pastor guy) said...

Which one, Dani?

ironcates said...

I own 3:
Acquire
Puerto Rico
Pirate's Cove
(TTR Europe and Ark of the Covenant are related to TTR and Carc respectively of course)

Played and like:
Thurn and Taxis

My list of "want to play" is pretty long