Saturday, January 03, 2009

50 Odd/Random Things

Tip of the New Year Dunce Cap (don't those party hats make us all look like we should be sitting in the corner saying "But I don't know how to sing the songs..."?) to Val Hoback, who inspired this with a Facebook post.

50 ODD Things about you (more random than odd)
  1. Favorite object in your room? Which room? Seriously, my Apple G4 ranks pretty high in one room... though my nearly complete Heroscape collection (where are you, Agent Skahen?!) is high up the list in another room.
  2. Have you ever smoked heroin? Nope.
  3. Do you own a gun? Nada.
  4. What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? Coconut... maybe cherry.
  5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? It depends... am I going to be lectured about my cholesterol?
  6. What do you think of hot dogs? They taste best at baseball games - the best hot dog I've ever had was at Wrigley Field.
  7. What song are you listening to? Shari's listening to something on her iPod, but can't actually here what it is... earlier, I listened to Hokus Pick's "I'm So Happy" while I worked out.
  8. Drink in the morning? Coke Zero, thanks.
  9. Any plans tonight? Finish watching "Kit Kitteridge: An American Girl" with Shari & Braeden.
  10. Can you do a chin up? Yes, but I'll whine about when I'm finished.
  11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? My ONLY piece of jewelry is my wedding band - which is my favorite for other reasons!
  12. Do you like blue cheese? Nasty rotten stuff... blech.
  13. Ever been in a car wreck? Yes... all fender benders, all caused by me. Sigh.
  14. What color is your couch? Light tan with slashes of other earthy colors.
  15. What's one thing that you hate about yourself? My tendency to procrastinate about important things... maybe I'm afraid of screwing up & so don't do anything. Whatever - it's stupid & not helpful.
  16. Middle name? Allen.
  17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? 1. My shoulder hurts. 2. I have to take down the Christmas decorations, but I think there's some football on in a little bit, which should mitigate the pain. 3. I love my beautiful wife.
  18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday? We bought Shari an iPod nano with her Christmas money, I bought stuff to hang Tracey's pictures (see #15), and we bought the boys Lunchables because we're lazy, evil parents.
  19. Name 3 drinks you drink regularly? Coke Zero, Diet Coke, lemonade
  20. Current worry? finding a part-time worship leader for NewLife
  21. Current hate right now? doom & gloom news media
  22. Who was your last text from and what did it say? I don't text... I know, I'm a Luddite.
  23. How was New Years? Wonderful... Braeden & I stayed up and played Memoir '44. Collin woke up around 11:45 pm so we all watched the ball drop together.
  24. How was your day? So far, very nice. Slept in, worked out, got dressed.
  25. Name three people who will complete this? Zionred might... so might Ironcates.
  26. Do you own slippers? Of course... they're very comfortable. (Read: they're about to fall apart.)
  27. What shirt are you wearing? My Tennessee Titans 1999 AFC Champions shirt... almost as worn as my slippers.
  28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No.
  29. Can you whistle? Yes... but not as good as my dad.
  30. What kind of shampoo do you use? Head & Shoulders.
  31. Would you be a pirate? A Disney pirate - sure! A real pirate - nah.
  32. What songs do you sing in the shower? It depends - whatever pops into my head. Of course, I do a lot of sermon writing in the shower, too.
  33. Favorite girls name? Mariah. (It would have been Braeden's name if he was a girl.)
  34. Favorite boy's name? I really like Braeden & Collin!
  35. What's in your pocket? Cash, keys, wallet, wadded receipts.
  36. Last person that made you laugh? Collin - of course.
  37. Best bed sheets as a child? I didn't have cool bed sheets.
  38. Worst injury you've ever had? I had glaucoma as a 6 month old... actual injury, though? When I fell into the fireplace (not lit) following outpatient surgery.
  39. Do you love where you live? Well, I love the church I work for/with & the poeple we hang out with, but Fresno is not exactly in my Top Ten Places To Live list.
  40. How many TV's are in your house? One.
  41. Who is your loudest friend? My lovely wife. Chris Herndon is second.
  42. How many dogs do you have? Zero.
  43. Does someone have a crush on you? My lovely wife!
  44. What is the most recent picture in your phone of? I don't put pictures on my phone - my wallpaper is a early 60's Disneyland poster of the Matterhorn.
  45. Who is your best friend and why? Shari Jo is #1 - from there, it's divided into Nashville friends (Chris & Buster) and pre-marriage friends (Tim & Keith).
  46. What is your favorite candy? Almost all candy - chocolate is a very good thing. I really like 100 Grand bars.
  47. Favorite Sports Team? The TN Titans, the Baylor Bears & the Fresno State Bulldogs... oh, yeah, the U.S. Olympic team.
  48. Where is the next place you want to travel? Walt Disney World with the family!
  49. What were you doing at 11 pm last night? Playing some silly computer game.
  50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? Why is Collin in here?

1 comment:

nashbabe said...

You don't text? WHAT?????? ;-)