Saturday, January 09, 2010

Odd Bits Of Video

Set the Wayback Machine for 2003... when, after the closing of the church @ hickory hollow and before I came to be senior pastor here at NewLife Community Church, I worked for a fulfillment house. Our main customers were Tae-Bo & Gaither Homecoming - meaning I worked most of the time on an assembly line of sorts, inserting advertisements into video cassettes and/or stacking & boxing them. About 6 weeks into my employment there, we took over fulfillment for Hot Licks Instructional Videos - which are primarily rock & jazz guitar videos.

Part of the process of sorting out the horrendous mess that was Hot Licks (the previous folks doing fulfillment sold us their entire stock & basically dumped it into pallet sized crates) was having new videos made from the masters... and that's when I discovered Tuck Andress' amazing rendition of Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror."

It occurred to me this morning that this might be on You Tube... even though I haven't heard/seen it for nearly 7 years. And it was. Enjoy.

You Tube has other fun things, of course, like this... for example, one of the games coming in my Amazon.de order (German Amazon.com, btw) was previewed on this video from the Nürnberg Neuheiten early in 2009. Those are mirrors! (The name of the game is Burg der 1000 Spiegel - "Castle of 1000 Mirrors.")

And, because you never can have enough obscure Canadian CCM bands mentioned in a blog post, I give you the boys of Hokus Pick. (Man, we loved these guys... some of the best live shows I've had the privilege of attending. Check out their MySpace Music page as well...)

No comments: