Thursday, October 16, 2014

The Obligatory "If Only I Was At Essen" Post

If I was at Essen - right now - I would...

...try to get a demo of the Magic: The Gathering Board Game, even though I could care less about the collectible card game, because it's designed by Craig Van Ness, one of the geniuses behind Heroscape.

...go hunting for a second-hand copy of Tal der Abenteur, my long-sought-after "grail" game... I've played it once and enjoyed it immensely. (It's like Honeybears, only with a dash more game involved.)

...hang out with Dale Yu and act as his manservant/Sherpa to cart games back to his hotel - all the time secretly siphoning off the stuff I know he's gonna hate & I'll love.

...meet a number of folks from Europe face-to-face - FINALLY - that I've been corresponding with since the late 90s. (Mik, for example... or Jeff Allers... or Vlaada!)

...buy the following games/expansions and then have a devil of a time trying to pack them into my suitcase:
  • Claustrophobia: Furor Sanguinis
  • Castles of Mad King Ludwig
  • Tash-Kalar: Arena of Legends – Everfrost
  • Clash of Cultures: Civilizations
  • Pandemic: The Cure
  • Mahé
  • Historia
  • Throne of the World
  • Crash Cup Karambolage
  • Mit Mist und Tücke
  • Blocky Mountains
  • Nations: the Dice Game
  • Colt Express
  • Realm of Wonder
  • Time Masters
  • Deus
  • Spike
  • 7 Wonders: Babel
  • Adventure Tours
  • Hellweg westfalicus
  • Omega Centauri
  • Aruba: Battle Race 
  • Mythotopia
  • Onward to Venus
  • Mangrovia
...rack up a ridiculous amount on the credit card that I will have to explain to my non-gamer (but incredibly patient) wife.

No comments: