Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Five & Dime: A Fond Farewell

After 15 years of publishing the Five & Dime lists (both here on this blog & over on the Opinionated Gamers website), it's time for me to let the Five & Dime "go gentle into that good night."

There are, of course, a trio of reasons for this:
  1. My new job and commute eat into the time that I once used to compile and publish the Five & Dime lists.
  2. The resources available through BGG and folks who scrape that data are much more extensive than what I am able to muster.
  3. I want to spend more time playing (and reviewing) games than I do crunching stats.
I've had a wonderful time over the years putting this together - and I still think there are interesting things to be learned from these numbers - but it's time for us to bid a fond farewell to the bar graphs & percentages.


3 comments:

Erik Arneson said...

Totally understandable, Mark. Thanks for so many years of fun analysis!

Justus said...

Oh bummer, but so long thanks for all the fishies!

Mark (aka pastor guy) said...

Thank you guys!