Monday, March 18, 2024

#83: Battle Beyond Space (Mark's Top 100 2024)


Battle Beyond Space

  • rank: 8,286
  • rating: 6.3
  • published: 2012
  • designer: Frank Branham
Print Status
  • in print
Why It's On The List
  • Have a massive multiple armada space battle... in 60 minutes. With almost no luck.
Tips & Tricks:
    • Important safety tip: I was a long-time playtester on this game... it's not my baby but it certainly feels like it.
    • I do wish the colors of two of squadrons in the blue fleet weren't so dang close. I need to use a Sharpie to mark one of them.
    • Like Catan, initial placement is important. You have to make wise choices based on your special power and your judgement about the relative aggressiveness of your closest foes.
    Extras
    • I wrote an ode to joy about the publication of Battle Beyond Space on my blog back in 2009.
    • The inscription on my "thank you for playtesting" copy of the game...


    No comments: