Around the World in 80 Days
- 2014: 46th
- 2012: 48th
- 2010: 76th
- 2005: did not appear
- rank: 954
- rating: 6.58
- out of print (but pretty easy to find a copy on BGG)
Why It's On The List
- another lovely implementation of theme (getting from place to place while using time wisely) that allows for both hare & tortoise strategies to play out
Tips & Tricks:
- Buying cards at the right time is as valuable as getting re-rolls... use your coins wisely.
- Use the detective not only to keep people from moving forward but also to force them to move in ways that cost them time.
- On the flip side, don't let the appearance of the detective rush you into decisions that will cost you more time than the penalty for ending your turn with him.
- There is another enjoyable game on the same theme from Wolfgang Kramer - Around the World in 80 Days - which has a different but also unusual movement mechanic..
- Six players is a little much in this game - but it works. I like it best with 3-5 players.