1st & Goal
- 2014: 51st
- 2012: 89th
- 2010: prior to publication
- 2005: prior to publication
- rank: 1154
- rating: 6.86
- in print
Why It's On The List
- Stephen Glenn has created a fun & fast-playing dice football using a card deck to call plays - which allows for a greater variety of outcomes without unduly complicating the process.
Tips & Tricks:
- It takes a couple of games to get the hang of hand & clock management...
- There are six expansion sets that change up the dice for each team... we own four of them and absolutely love playing with them. (With one caveat - see below.)
- 1st & Goal essentially replaces Pizza Box Football in my top 100 - the only thing I really miss about PBF is the (very abstracted) real NFL teams.
- The 1st down marker & the ball are magnetized, btw - they won't slide around on the (metal) field. A very nice production touch!
- I wrote about one of the best decisions R&R Games made - to publish Special Teams cards to go with each expansion team - in my blog post Making Special Teams Special Again. (This is the caveat I told you to look for...)
- There is now an iOS app for 1st & Goal... but I haven't got to play with it yet.